Mind mapping software
Kidspiration (English) helps students:
- Develop strong thinking skills
- Strengthen reading and writing skills
- Build conceptual understanding in math
Use Kidspiration’s Picture View to build graphic organizers including concept maps, webs, bubble diagrams and Venn diagrams. In Writing View, students expand their ideas into written expression. In Math View, students use math manipulatives such as color tiles, pattern blocks, base ten blocks, fraction tiles and fraction boxes to build essential math skills.
Research shows that visual learning is one of the best methods for teaching thinking skills. Visual learning techniques – graphical ways of working with ideas and presenting information – teach students to clarify their thinking and to process, organize and prioritize new information.
Kidspiration provides a cross-curricular visual workspace for K-5 learners. Students use visual toolscombining pictures, text, numbers and spoken words to develop vocabulary, word recognition,comprehension, reasoning and problem solving skills.
Kidspiration works the way students think and learn and the way teachers teach. As students makevisual connections, they build fundamental skills in reading, writing, math, science and social studies.Kidspiration offers activities in all curriculum areas, so students use visual learning naturally andconfidently.
Develop Strong Thinking Skills
With Kidspiration, students use graphic organizers to express thoughts and explore ideas andrelationships. They create graphic organizers including webs, concept maps and Venn diagrams toclarify thoughts, organize information, apply new knowledge and build critical thinking skills.
- 3,000+ symbols in Kidspiration’s Symbol Library provide visual support for concepts taught in K-5 language arts, social studies and science. Students can also import symbols from other sources.
- Symbol Search helps students search and find just the right symbols to express their thoughts and ideas.
- Symbol Maker sparks creativity and anchors meaning. Students use familiar paint tools to create and personalize their own symbols to use in their graphic organizers.
- The Link tool connects ideas and shows relationships.
- Hyperlinks enrich Kidspiration activities and projects. Students and teachers can hyperlink to web pages from symbols, notes and links.
- Kidspiration’s SuperGrouper® supports students as they sort, group and classify objects and ideas. A favorite for students and teachers alike, SuperGrouper containers are used to synthesize and analyze ideas.