CAML+ Cognitive Assesments for Multilingual Learners + (ADULT)
Assessing people who speak English as an additional language for dyslexia and other SpLDs
When a student is experiencing greater difficulties than we expect in learning English, or other subjects, sometimes it is worth investigating to see if there are any underlying cognitive differences, such as dyslexia. In many cases, students may be eligible for exam access arrangements or other forms of additional support. Even if no additional resources are available, it is always helpful to find out more about how they learn, and where their strengths and weaknesses are, so that teaching can be tailored to support them in their learning. This is where the CAML materials can be helpful.
The standardised assessment tools (that are commonly used with English-speaking learners) are not valid for use with people who are still learning English. The results of these tests will probably be misleading and unhelpful, as well as quite demoralising for the person concerned, so it is better to avoid them. Instead, the two CAML suites are designed specifically for use with multilingual learners.
is the updated and expanded assessment tool designed for use with adult learners of English.
- Material on a USB stick for easy use on laptops;
- Additional coverage of SpLDs apart from dyslexia, with more information about how they can manifest and affect learning;
- Communication Bridges incorporated into the main booklet;
- Many tasks suitable for small group assessment;
- Advice on how to give feedback and explain SpLDs to learners from different cultural backgrounds;
- Videos demonstrating how to use the assessment tasks
INCLUDES: 1 Book, 5 plastic assesment sheets, 1 USB stick, 10 plzstic assesment shapes.