CAML-YL Cognitive Assesments for Multilinqual Learners ages 7-15
When a student is experiencing greater difficulties than we expect in learning English, or other subjects, sometimes it is worth investigating to see if there are any underlying cognitive differences, such as dyslexia. In many cases, students may be eligible for exam access arrangements or other forms of additional support. Even if no additional resources are available, it is always helpful to find out more about how they learn, and where their strengths and weaknesses are, so that teaching can be tailored to support them in their learning. This is where the CAML materials can be helpful.
The standardised assessment tools (that are commonly used with English-speaking learners) are not valid for use with people who are still learning English. The results of these tests will probably be misleading and unhelpful, as well as quite demoralising for the person concerned, so it is better to avoid them. Instead, the two CAML suites are designed specifically for use with multilingual learners.
The Young Learners’ CAML has been developed specifically for learners between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Colourful and engaging assessment materials;
- Game-like tasks that children enjoy completing;
- Full instructions of how to use the tasks and interpret the findings;
- Holistic assessment of strengths and areas of challenge;
- Generation of a comprehensive cognitive profile from which appropriate interventions can be devised, and exam arrangements applied for.
INCLUDES: 1 Book, 5 plastic assesment sheets, 1 USB stick, 10 plastic assesment shapes.